Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Serious as a heart attack.......

O.K. - Bro' Brett showed me a minutemen video today when I dropped by his house. It was a terrific version of the the song The Anchor from What Makes a Man Start Fires? that you can see on the web-site youtube.com. (i think thats it) d boon completely rocks (note present tense). A true American original. Look close cause this footage is from a boat cruise. Can you imagine seeing the freakin Minutemen on a boat cruise???? I wish We Jam Econo would get released on dvd already.

So this somehow reminded me of an article Brett once wrote for a fledgling college newspaper (The Platypus, published at Eastern Illinois Univ. in Charleston, Il) wherein he set about discussing how he heard about the minutemen and that their music changed his life. That same paper was started by our dear old buddy Jeff Stepp. Jeff, too, loves the minutemen. I believe that same issue reprinted a letter that Jeff's cousin, Jon, wrote about his affinity for this same band. (I have a copy somewhere in the basement) All of this leads me to asking Brett if he had heard from Jeff. Yes he had and that he had a myspace.com page, which I located when I signed on tonight. This led me to Jeff's blogspot, which inspired me to join the blogging nation.

Thanks to Brett, d boon, mike watt, Jon, Jeff and the multitudes of dudes who have inspired me for the past 20 years.

No comments: