Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Quaker Gun


Lovemeknots & Hitchhike at The Vollrath Tavern last Saturday night.
Another memorable evening with the Lovemeknots. The songs from their three albums and choice covers sent me home feeling very nostalgic and lucky, quite frankly. The songs from this little band (3 guitars little!) from Indy should be in everyone's cd shelf or ipod. After a stretch of many months, years, from playing, the night went off without a hitch and had the crowd on their feet. I emailed Evan on Monday and told him what a great time I'd had and the whole nostalgia thing I had going driving home. Here's his reply.

"Thanks for coming, Derek! There was nostalgia on all sides, I think.Rich said afterwards that the more infrequent our shows get, the more meaningful they start to feel to him. And I know what he means. It didn’t occur to me back in 1995 that being in a rock band was going to turn out to be one of my life’s most meaningful experiences, but I’ll be damned if that isn’t exactly what it turned out to be."
Here's a clip I found of them recording Quaker Gun off Setting Noises.


No comments: