Thursday, April 20, 2006

San Fran Update

Day 2 in San Francisco....

This morning I hiked around for 3 hours. Noah's bagel and coffee for breakfast...top notch. What a great city. When you are from the mid-west you tend to romanticize anything that is foreign i.e. deserts, mountains, oceans, beaches, cute girls, er...ok. you know what I mean.( I wonder if people from the coasts romantize pigs doing it in 6 inches of mud???)

I love this place. The city is electric...aside from the cable cars....Tonight I sat on the 39th floor of the Marriott lounge overlooking the bay and surrounding mountains. In Indy, the 39th floor gets you a good view of some cool grain silo's and some sweet subdivisions.

I called BJ and spoke with him for awhile. I really screwed up by forgetting to call him prior. I think he could have come to spend some time with me. Balls. He suggested I try the Irish Bank near Union Square tonight. That is real close to here so I am on my way after I post this. I bought tickets to see Kronos Quartet w/ Matmos & Walter Kitundu on Friday night, right across the street from the St. Regis. I can't wait. I have a Kronos Quartet lp from the 80's in my collection. Apparently they are still on the fringe of the mainstream. I read today too that the David Byrne and Brian Eno lp, My Life in the Bush of Ghosts has been reissued. Joseph Bennet turned me onto that when it came out. I plan on seeking it out this weekend. Hopefully I can find it.

And....BJ & Susannah are getting married November 11, 2006 in Las Vegas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vegas Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so looking forward to this. BJ is one of my soul mates of this world. I wish him and Susannah the best......Also, Jeff Stepp & Keri are getting married soon. The celebratory party is in Danville IL on May 20 , 2006. Congrats Jeff & Keri. Love you guys!!!!!!!!!!

While walking around today, I heard My Kind of Soldier on the IPOD. Why didn't that song make the top 10??? I nearly started dancing at the corner of Market and Powell today!

No comments: