Friday, March 24, 2006

TGIF

It's been one of those weeks. A good friend of ours had surgery on Tuesday to have what was originally diagnosed as a malignant sarcoma removed. (bad news that) The surgeons removed the tumor and a kidney. Jackie called today and said that the pathology was wrong before and the tumor was benign. Great News!!!!! However they really didn't need to take out her kidney. I believe no cancer trumps one kidney!

My good friend John Moeller and his wife MJ had their baby on Wednesday, Peter Gregory! All are doing well. I visited them today and held the feller. I am so glad that they are embarking on this journey and not me! I love my kids, but I'm not sure I could do babies again!

I met Perry, someone who I need to spend more time with, after work today for a couple of Blue Moon's and to catch up. He told me of this show called Survivor Man. The premise is that Survivor Man, a survivalist, is dropped off in some extreme environment, with zero food or water, and he has to survive for 7 days. The other catch is that he is his own camera man! The episodes Perry related to me sounded fascinating. Tonight I will search the dishnetwork for this show and set to record.

I'm listening to Revolver on vinyl as I type. It just seems impossible that this came out the year I was born and sounds like it could have been recorded yesterday. I read a post today on the Strong Lions list (Robert Pollard nerds) that said the Beatles are a gateway drug to so many other artists. Totally agree.

I recieved an ebay gem this week. An original 1972 vinyl copy of Waylon Jenning's Honky Tonk Heroes LP. This is the LP that started the Outlaw movement. I'm so pleased that the vinyl and cover are in fabulous condition. I think 8 of the 10 songs are Billy Joe Shaver classics. Everyone should own a copy of this. Oh, and I only paid $4 for it!

No comments: