Friday, August 04, 2006

Upcoming Shows

August will be a fun month for me musically. Next weekend, I'll get to see phyllis, mysteries of life, vulgar boatmen, the fuglees, mckelvey kel, gentleman caller. And then the following weekend the lovemeknots and vulgar boatmen. And then the next weekend sonic youth and the flaming lips and a cubs/cardinals game. Then I have surgery and will have a dry spell.

The Vulgar Boatmen/Mysteries of Life shows will be bittersweet. Jake Smith and Freda are moving to England in September. Jake's bass playing the last few years in the Vulgar Boatmen has revitalized the live show for them. I believe he has a new Mysteries of Life cd coming out this summer. Also heard that Freda has a new Some Girls cd due this summer as well with Juliana and Heidi. I will miss the boatmen and mysteries of life greatly if they don't play anymore.

I'll report back on these fine events.

No comments: