Friday, March 31, 2006

Country Music Tips of the Day

Tip #1 comes from Jack Rabid, The Big Takeover editor:

Buyer's guide to George Jones records: If Jones has a crew cut on the cover, buy it. If he has longer, shaggy hair, listen before you buy!

Tip #2 came from Bloodshot Records:

Cubs home opener is next Friday. For the 7th consecutive year, The Waco Bros. will celebrate the start of the Cubs season with a midday show at Yatzkies in Wrigleyville. Line starts forming at 6a.m. !!! I'm gonna try to make that next year, or call in sick this Friday!

Tip #3 comes from me:

The new Townes Van Zandt documentary, Be Here to Love Me, is just heartbreaking. I had no idea the level of self-destruction that Townes created for himself. I knew that he lived on the edge, but he LIVED on the edged. Only thing I thought seemed missing was any talk about gambling. I know he was a consumate gambler and would bet on anything, but I can't remember one mention of this in the movie. The movie is short on actual performances, but the interviews are very insightful. This is a must for those who count TVZ as a music legend or for those who enjoy being depressed for a couple of days after watching a movie.

No comments: